Package for Spinal Fusion in Tijuana for $7,000 only*
Surgery by International Affiliate member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
What is Spinal Fusion?
- Spinal fusion is a surgical procedure that welds or fuses two or more spinal vertebrae together to immobilize them.
- The procedure imitates the recuperation process of normal broken bones.
- The procedure involves placing bone or bone-like material to close the space between the two vertebrae.
- The fused vertebrae are held together using metal rods and screws so that they get healed as a single solid element.
- This procedure alters the way your spine moves as it completely eliminates motion in certain areas of the spine.
- This might add on to the pressure beneath and above the fused portion of the spine accelerating the rate of degeneration in these regions.
- The procedure is alternatively known as Vertebral interbody fusion, Anterior/Posterior spinal fusion, and Arthrodesis
Check out more information on spinal fusion here.
What’s included in Package Cost?
- All expenses related to the surgery
- Complete destination support in Tijuana
- Visa and passport help
- Hotel bookings at discounted tariffs ($70-$100 per night) and a lot more
Note – Airfare, X-ray, MRI scan, and pre-ops are not included in the package cost
Who will perform Your Spinal Fusion?
Your spinal surgery will be performed by a highly renowned orthopedic surgeon in Tijuana – Dr. Eliseo Mora Sanchez. Dr. Mora has more than 30 years of experience in orthopedic and spinal surgeries and is an international member of the AAOS.
He has many positive testimonials and patient reviews to his name. Here is a patient review on having alternative back procedure called Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy in Mexico.
He operates at a state-of-the-art surgery center which has well-appointed patient rooms and all the amenities to make sure you have an enhanced experience.
By choosing to have your spinal fusion surgery in Tijuana – Mexico, you can look forward to:
- Save big by having your spinal fusion in Mexico vis-à-vis in the United States or Canada.
- Cut travel costs and time as the Tijuana is right across the border from San Diego in California.
- Get quality care at a well-equipped and full-service surgery center.
- Get 24-hour assistance by our patient coordinator in Tij.
- Schedule surgery without any wait times involved.
- Language barrier-free experience as Dr. Mora speaks fluent English.
Here is an interesting video which shows how you benefit by having your bone and joint surgery in Tijuana – Mexico.
When is it required?
- A broken vertebrae interfering with the stability of your spinal column may necessitate fusion surgery.
- The procedure may also be used to correct deformities of the spine such as scoliosis and kyphosis.
- Arthritis may result in an unstable spine which can be taken care of by fusion surgery.
- Spondylolisthesis or slipped disc which results in back pain or crowding of the nerves causing leg pain or numbness is often treated by spine fusion.
- This procedure may also be used to treat damaged or herniated disc.
Before Your Surgery
- You will be required to tell your doctor the medications you have been taking.
- In case you smoke, you will have to kick the cigarette butt a few days before your surgery as smoking is known to interfere with the healing process.
- You will be asked to stop take medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen which make your blood thinner by preventing clots at least 14 days before your spine fusion.
- You are advised to have a word with your surgeon in case you are heavy drinker of alcohol.
- Make sure you let your entire medical history known to the surgeon including breakout of cold, fever or any other illness.
After the Procedure
- Average length of post-surgery stay at the hospital is 3-4 days.
- You will be administered pain medication either through mouth or through an intravenous line (IV).
- You will be acquainted with the correct technique to walk, sit, and stand.
- You will be taught the log rolling technique to get out of the bed, in which you have to roll your entire body together rather than twisting your torso from the spine.
- You will be administered nutrients through an IV line 2-3 days after your spinal fusion.
- You will be required to wear a back brace.
- It usually takes 3-4 months for your bones to completely heal after surgery.
*Exclude the cost of X-ray ($30) and MRI ($200). The website may not reflect the latest prices. Contact us through the quote-form for the correct prices. All prices are in US dollars.
For more information and a FREE price estimate on spine fusion surgery in Mexico – Tijuana, fill in the website quote-form.