Cost of Laminectomy in Tijuana – Mexico: $6,000 only*
If finances are a constraint, then you may consider pocket-friendly packages for laminectomy in Mexico which assure quality care by experienced surgeons.
*This is only the cost of surgery. Hotel expenses, pre and post-ops, transportation charges, etc. will be extra. Fill in the quote form for detailed information.
What is Laminectomy?
- Laminectomy is the surgical removal of lamina to ease the pressure off the spinal cord or nerves.
- The procedure may also be performed for the removal of extra bone growths called spurs, an occurrence in people suffering from arthritis.
- Lamina is present at the back of the spinal canal and makes a roof over it.
- Laminectomy involves making an incision in the mid portion of the back or the neck.
- After moving aside, skin, ligaments and muscles, your surgeon will either completely or partially remove the lamina bones together with the spinous process.
- Tiny disc fragments, bone overgrowths and other soft tissue may also be removed.
- The surgery may be followed by a foraminotomy to release pressure from compressed nerves.
- Your surgeon may also perform spinal fusion to give stability to your spine, post surgery.
- Laminectomy takes 1-3 hours to complete.
Who Makes a Candidate?
- Occurrence of spurs may decrease the space available for spinal cords and nerves. This may increase pressure and result in discomfort that may radiate to your limbs. Laminectomy may be helpful in this case as it will increase space in the spinal canal by removing the lamina.
- You may also be recommended laminectomy if medications or physiotherapy have failed to alleviate your symptoms, or if you have trouble standing or walking because of weakened muscles and numbness.
Your Spine Surgery in Tijuana
Your laminectomy spine surgery will be performed by one of the top-ranked ortho and spinal surgeons in Mexico. He has more than 30 years of orthopedic experience and most of his clients come from the USA and Canada.
He is currently working as general director of a well-equipped and self-contained surgery center strategically located just a few minutes’ drive from the San Diego-Tijuana border crossing. He is an international affiliate member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons since 2000.
The surgeon is also proficient in minimally invasive spinal treatments such as ozone discolysis and Plasma Rich Platelet PRP injections in Tijuana which save you from more complex procedures and result in quicker recovery.
Benefits of Choosing Tijuana – Mexico
Laminectomy in Mexico and specifically in Tijuana gives you the following benefits:
- Access to quality care for a small percentage of American prices
- Proximity to the United States
- No extensive wait times
- English-speaking ortho surgeon
- Assistance with trip planning, hotel bookings, visa and passport, etc.
- Complete destination support by a dedicated patient coordinator and a lot more
Contact us through the website quote-form for more information on laminectomy in Tijuana – Mexico by a leading orthopedic and spinal surgeon.