Shoulder Replacement in Tijuana, Mx for $11,175 only!*
Extreme pain in the shoulders which restricts your arm movement can be taken care by a shoulder replacement. The procedure involves surgically replacing shoulder joints with prosthetic bone joints.
Alternatively termed shoulder arthroplasty, the procedure is specially known to bring back function and get respite from arthritis of the shoulder.
If you are considering traveling abroad for treatment, then orthopedic surgery in Tijuana is a good option.
Who Makes a Candidate for Shoulder Replacement?
You make a candidate for replacement surgery if you suffer from shoulder pain caused by the following:
- Osteoarthritis, in which the smooth covering of the bone called cartilage is worn off by injury, aging, a previous surgery or inflammation thereby resulting in direct bone-to-bone contact
- Rheumatoid arthritis, an autoimmune disease resulting in joint and tissue inflammation
- Injury to the bones in the arms around the shoulder
- Tissue damage in the shoulders
- Shoulder tumors
What happens During Surgery?
Shoulder replacement procedure involves the following:
- After administering anesthesia, the surgeon will make an incision in the shoulder joint area.
- The surgeon will then remove the top portion of your arm bone called the humerus.
- This will be replaced with a metal prosthetic stem attached to a rounded metal head.
- The surgeon will smooth out the surface of the old socket to make place for the artificial socket.
- The replacement metal head and stem will be cemented into its correct position.
- The incision will be closed using staples or sutures.
- A tube may also be placed in the area of surgery to prevent any build-up of fluid in the shoulder joint.
- The surgery may take 1 to 3 hours to complete.
- If only a couple of bones need to be replaced then the procedure is called partial shoulder replacement or hemiarthroplasty.
Shoulder replacement in Tijuana – Mexico can be looked into by those who can’t afford the procedure in the United States or Canada. The surgery costs a lot less than prices quoted in American hospitals. Additionally, Tijuana can be conveniently reached from the United States as it is just about 15 miles from San Diego, California. Traveling to this Mexican border town will cost you just about a tank of gas.
You can look forward to your treatment at a top orthopedic surgery center in Tij just a few minutes’ drive from the US-Mexico border crossing.
Also, since surgery wait times in Tijuana are non-existent, you can get respite from the discomfort without being part of a long waiting list.
Who will perform my Shoulder Surgery?
We now bring you shoulder arthroplasty by one of the highly experienced orthopedic surgeons in Mexico. This orthopedic specialist in Tijuana has performed thousands of bone and joint surgeries over a span of three decades and is an international affiliate member of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) since 2000.
How many Days Required?
- You will have to arrive in Tijuana one day before your shoulder replacement surgery.
- You will have to stay for 2 nights at the surgery center after your replacement procedure.
- An additional 1 to 2-day stay at a hotel after discharge is recommended for any kind of follow-up.
In short, total length of recommended stay in Tijuana is 4 to 5 days.
Shoulder replacement will cost about $11,175 in the Mexican border town. This package price does not include MRI and X-ray.
*Prices mentioned on the website may be changed without prior notification. For the latest information, contact us through the quote-form on the website.